Phlebotomy Technician Program
Health Training Services is proud to offer Phlebotomy class with a 100% pass rate. Enrollment begins one month prior to the start of the class and continue up to the day class starts.
Course Description: This course deals with the study of phlebotomy, different techniques of blood collection, and special collection methods/preparations. Students will also learn the anatomy of veins and arteries and be introduced to the broad concepts of Law and Ethics as they pertain to the medical field. As part of the regular training and instruction of the course, the students will apply the information they receive in the lecture part of the class to hands-on, supervised venipuncture draws.
Total Hours:60 Hours
Lecture Hours: 36 Hours
Lab: 24 Hours
Length: 4 Weeks
Admission/Enrollment Policies for Phlebotomy Technician:
- Be 18 years of age or older or 16 years of age with parental approval and a letter of recommendation.
- Students must demonstrate visual acuity to read small numbers and letters to correctly label specimens
- Pregnant students need to have a signed release from their physician
- Students cannot be listed as unemployable on the Employee Misconduct Registry
- A criminal background check is required
- Tuberculosis skin tests are required
Course Completion Requirements: Must be able to demonstrate skills as taught in the clinical laboratory: i.e. Phlebotomy, Needle gauges, etc. Must complete the required course of study with a grade of 70% or better. The student must complete 100 successful venipuncture along with 25 dermal punctures by the end of the course.
National Testing Requirements: The student must complete Phlebotomy Technician Course in order to be eligible to sit for the National Health Career Association (NHA) Exam. A written or computerized test will be given, consisting of multiple choice questions.